Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

CA Moto Roads Get your Pashnit PASHNIT
Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > General Forums > Becoming A Better Rider- A place for the New Rider

Notices

Old 07-31-2007, 02:11 PM   #11
FASTRICKY
Tire Killer

Name: Valentino Ricky

Motorcycle:
  06 CBR 1000, 04 Tuono, 00 RC-51, 97 XR 70RA, 70 Z-50, The Holy Grail

Re: www.ride2die.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
Rubbish!

It's just a lame excuse to show gruesome images showing no respect for the victims or their families.

"Your Picture Here", please!
Good for you William I wholeheartedly agree. I refuses, 99% of the time, like now, to look at this stuff. Why fill your head with gruesome images and ideas of what if's? If they glorified and paid that much attention to car crashes, we'd still be on horseback...that is until they started showing horse wrecks.

By the looks of that picture, Gary...I'd be more concerned about fending off teenage boys in the coming years. She's adorable.

I lean motorcycles over so far in the turns...I've drug the key.
FASTRICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #12
VRODMIKE

Name: Mike

Motorcycle:
  2007 HD VROD

Life is not a rehersal.

I ride carefully and I believe smartly however, I can not control everything. The first day we are born is also the 1st day of our journey to the end of our days.

I plan on going to the great beyond with something cold to drink in one hand a piece of chocolate in the other and with one hell of a smile on my face. No regrets

Bottom line the website made me sick however, someone could put together a website like that for car drivers, police officers, military personnel etc.

Go out and ride and enjoy life.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:40 AM   #13
attikatrol

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle:
  Yellow, 2002 Ninja 250

Wow8 Re: www.ride2die.com

Man that was a head trip alright. But I agree with one of the above posts. I would put big money down to bet that 90% of those photos and videos were the result of either some form of intoxication or some fool (god rest their soul) doing something stupid like triple digits any where other than a track. It's propaganda like that that makes me sick. Forgive me lord for saying this, but half of them probably deserved it. Natural selection in it's truest form. Ride 2 die?, obey the law of the road, where gear and ride to live. Peace
Old 09-10-2007, 05:18 AM   #14
Canadian Bird

Name: Arle

Motorcycle:
  '02 CBR 1100 SuperBlackBird

I read the post before I decided NOT TO LOOK!!!!!!!!. For me, three lovely daughters, grandchild in a month, wedding for one in a year, etc, etc, I still love riding, and cut my odds as low as possible; no night riding, no more riding to work, no "altered states". Be cautious, careful, as possible, and enjoy. I'd have nightmare for ever if I looked at those pics.
Canadian Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:26 AM   #15
Tomcat101147
Up on 3 wheels

Name: Lyn

Motorcycle:
  V-Star 1100 w/ Hannigan Classic Sidecar

There are few things to compare with having a heart attack to remind you of your mortality. You seldom get second warnings and very rarely three.
Tomcat101147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #16
demenshea
10% Angel 90% Hooligan

Name: Donna

Motorcycle:
  07 BMW R1200R

Send a message via AIM to demenshea

I'm not sure how i missed this thread but i can't agree more with William. This sort of a shock site entertains total disregard for the family and friends involved in these sad occurrences.

The mere name of the site is enough to deter me from ever visiting. I do not believe that graphic shots of accidents and injury will have any affect on those targeted but instead runs chills through those of us sensitive to the nature of tragedy and loss.

This is a sport about risk and how to minimize it, and the nature of serving to educate not intimidate.

I know the intention of each of us here at pashnit, is to share experience both good and bad in an effort to better us as riders. I am unsure the value of this sort of site for any purpose other than to sensationalize the horror and sorrow of rider error or in some cases simple bad luck.

Ride Like a Girl
Travel Blog for Riders
demenshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #17
Nirvana
Motorcycle Meditation

Name: Shshank

Motorcycle:
  Ducati Monster 620, Royal Enfield Bullet 350

Well, what better place than Pashnit to share this quote:

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature,
nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits
in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.

- Helen Keller
Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:11 PM   #18
hrlyman

Name: Paul

Motorcycle:
  '11 Victory X-Cntry

ride 2 die is shock therapy, its one person's sick way of trying to save the world of motorcycle riders and yes having total disregard for the dead and their families.

Im always hearing from all the "so-called safety conscious" on this site that we have to be responsible caring riders for the people that are closest to us. Well then why would that site post pictures of dead riders laying in the street.... is that being responsible or caring towards those closest to us?

Really now, ask yourself if you would want to see your dead husband or wifes body or your child laying in the road, covered or not, in some deformed manner on someones website.... do you really think that would make any difference in your throttle twist?

I didnt think so....

Motorcycling is and can be very fun and enjoyable, if dying on a bike is always at the top of your thoughts then you should probably take up some other way to enjoy yourself.
hrlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #19
Jester
Vescere bracis meis

Name: Larry

Motorcycle:
  FJR, Aprilia RSV R

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrlyman
ride 2 die is shock therapy, its one person's sick way of trying to save the world of motorcycle riders and yes having total disregard for the dead and their families.

Im always hearing from all the "so-called safety conscious" on this site that we have to be responsible caring riders for the people that are closest to us. Well then why would that site post pictures of dead riders laying in the street.... is that being responsible or caring towards those closest to us?

Really now, ask yourself if you would want to see your dead husband or wifes body or your child laying in the road, covered or not, in some deformed manner on someones website.... do you really think that would make any difference in your throttle twist?

I didnt think so....

Motorcycling is and can be very fun and enjoyable, if dying on a bike is always at the top of your thoughts then you should probably take up some other way to enjoy yourself.
Shock therapy it is to the highest degree.

Does it show consideration? Why should it? It illustrates the lack of consideration the "victims" (why is everyone a victim in America these days?? Why??) showed for their own safety before they mounted their motorcycles. You can get messed up wearing the best protective gear possible. You can get messed up easier not.

Do I pity the people illustrated there? Well to me, that would be disrespectful to offer them sympathy. They earned those injuries. They earned the right to wear the results of their decisions for the rest of their lives. They have endured great pain to be able to do so and I celebrate their celebrity! Way to go! Ride free Brother!

Cause and effect. Make good choices enjoy the benefits, make poor choices enjoy the consequences. Simple, very simple.

If the Beanie cap crowd thinks I'm baging on them, their only partially right. Sportbike riders who use public roads as impromptu raceways are deserving of similar acclaim. You don't have to be balls-out alla time and race yer buddy to the next rest stop or stay up with "the pack" (tm) to prove your manhood. Slowing down to say, only 10 over lets you appreciate the scenery which really does exist past the fog lines. Do you have to be riding on the knife edge to say you had a good time?

I want to be riding when I'm seventy. Will I have had as much fun as you who choose to assume more risk than I?? I will if I live longer.....

J

If there are two ways to perceive what I just said, I meant the good way...
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:02 AM   #20
Big Kahuna
Rating: Awesome!

Name: William

Motorcycle:
  2005 Honda CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Shock therapy it is to the highest degree.

Does it show consideration? Why should it? It illustrates the lack of consideration the "victims" (why is everyone a victim in America these days?? Why??) showed for their own safety before they mounted their motorcycles. You can get messed up wearing the best protective gear possible. You can get messed up easier not.

Do I pity the people illustrated there? Well to me, that would be disrespectful to offer them sympathy. They earned those injuries. They earned the right to wear the results of their decisions for the rest of their lives. They have endured great pain to be able to do so and I celebrate their celebrity! Way to go! Ride free Brother!

Cause and effect. Make good choices enjoy the benefits, make poor choices enjoy the consequences. Simple, very simple.

If the Beanie cap crowd thinks I'm baging on them, their only partially right. Sportbike riders who use public roads as impromptu raceways are deserving of similar acclaim. You don't have to be balls-out alla time and race yer buddy to the next rest stop or stay up with "the pack" (tm) to prove your manhood. Slowing down to say, only 10 over lets you appreciate the scenery which really does exist past the fog lines. Do you have to be riding on the knife edge to say you had a good time?

I want to be riding when I'm seventy. Will I have had as much fun as you who choose to assume more risk than I?? I will if I live longer.....

J
Damn Larry, I'm a little surprise at your comments here. I don't understand how you can base all those feelings on pictures alone. You have no vision of the facts in any of those cases, just a pictures along with a short description from the site's owner, not knowing if any of it is fact or fiction.

There are more than just one victim there. You have the families of those that were killed, friends and even the people on the other side, other drives who have been personally affected by these events.I understand that the term "victim" is probably used too often, but each and everyone of those individuals pictures on that site are victims to some degree.

Some victims of the poor decisions made by others, and some be their own poor diction. We all here understand the risks, and I'm sure at time each and every one of us has done something stupid that may have even killed us at least once in their live. To the call everyone who has died in a motorcycle crash "Cause and effect", is just plain silly.

Looks like he pulled the site because he needs money for "ISP costs." that may be the truth or it may be a simple ploy to gain financially from his site. I run a bunch of sites and know first hand the cost needed to run them. If he was sincere with his site and its purpose then he would be willing to pay the few hundred dollars needed to keep it up per year.. IMHO.
Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote