Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

CA Moto Roads Get your Pashnit PASHNIT
Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > Adventure Touring & Off-pavement explorations > Generally Speaking: Adventure, Dual & Dirt

Notices

Tours

Old 08-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
calikatoom

Name: Gail

Motorcycle:
  2005 BMW R1200GS 2004 KTM 450mxc

Sweet Norcal Adventure ride -multiday campout

So I was invited to do this killer ride up in BC Canada and begged my boss for a week off during the busiest time of the year at the shop. And he granted my wish! Then, over the past weekend both of the guys I was riding with have backed out. (one of them is still a maybe)

Since I still have August 26th - Sept 3rd off from work,I have devised a backup plan! I am planning on riding 5 days or so and exploring NorCals finest trails and roads. Some trails I know well, and thare are many new ones planned that I don't.

Start Nevada city
Cross Yuba River Canyon
Henness Pass (lil bit)
Downieville
GOld Lakes (camp)
Lake Davis
Greenville
Lake Almanor
Chester
Silver Lake/Caribou Lake (camp)
Head easterly around Mt Lassen
Burney
Shasta Lake
Whiskey Town Lake(camp)
Hwy36
Hwy 3 to Hayfork
WIldwood Rd
More Hwy36!
Hwy 1 (22 miles to the coast is SWEET!!)
Fort Bragg - Motel Night!
Day 5 is up in the air. I have 3 or 4 really great routes home. It just comes down to how much if any dirt for the last day.

Anyway, right now my last riding buddy is 50/50 whether or not he is going. I am going even it becomes a solo mission.

Anyone up for a beautiful multi day ride through Norcals finest dirt and paved roads?

My original plan was to leave Sunday 8/26. However I am pretty flexy right now and am open to changes that might make it easier for someone else to come out and play.

I know it is late notice, but is there anyone out there that can drop everything and go on a killer ride the last week of August?

I haven't had much luck trying to attach gps files so email me for the garmin file.

Hope to hear from you
Gail
Old 08-20-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
Canadian Bird

Name: Arle

Motorcycle:
  '02 CBR 1100 SuperBlackBird

Re: Sweet Norcal Adventure ride -multiday campout

Why give up on riding BC roads? Check Destination Highways. I'd be interested in the route you had planned. How would you get to BC and what roads would you have ridden. I mostly ride alone and I wouldn't get anywhere if I relied on others to come with me. Can't you ride California roads "anytime"?
Canadian Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
calikatoom

Name: Gail

Motorcycle:
  2005 BMW R1200GS 2004 KTM 450mxc

Hi Arle,

I'll still get up to BC sometime soon. I only have a week and really want to spend the bulk of that week offroad. The original plan was to trailer the bikes to Seattle on an "all night" run in the truck. Then my firend Dave had an 1100 mile DS route planned tat went North into BC and eventually found its way back into North.Eastern Washington.

With plans changing on short notice, I have now planned a 1400 mile route throughout Norcal. Hve you ever ridden down here? You are more than welcome to jump in!

BTW - I hear you loud and clear about worrying about what everyone else is doing. I have done plenty of solo rides before, and will ride this one solo too if nobody jumps on board.

In fact the orginal Norcal plan was 5 days, only to be back by Labor Day for my friend John. If I go solo, I will probably ride until Sept 2nd.

See Ya
Gail
Old 08-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #4
Canadian Bird

Name: Arle

Motorcycle:
  '02 CBR 1100 SuperBlackBird

The only off road is years of mountain biking in Whistler. I suppose off roading alone might cause some concerns if there is an issue and camping with a buddy would be preferable. "Brokeback Mountain"?? Just joking! On my 5day journey to N.Cal and one day crossing from I5 to 101 was fantastic. I will return to the area and spend more time. The roads were fantastic and I suspect the off-roading is also great. I'm reluctant to go too far off the beaten track alone with my big Bird. Off roading in BC must be fantastic also. Cheers.
Canadian Bird is offline   Reply With Quote