Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > General Forums > General

Notices

Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
1sicv8

Name: Chris

Motorcycle:
  05 Yamaha yzf600r

Gauging interest...

Hey guys/gals. Im checking to see if there is any interest in the motorcycle community on joining the car (aka cage) community for a great fundraiser.

My car club will be having our 3rd annual FALL Cruise. FALL stands for Fighting Against Leukemia and Lymphoma. All the procedes we get from the cruise go directly to the Sacramento chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We worked with The Society this year and plan to have them more hands on this next cruise. This will be held in October 2008

A lil history of our cause. In October 2006 our beloved friend and my fiance Katie was diagnosed with AML leukemia. Our car club rallied behind her and put together a car cruise from Sacramento to Tahoe. We had 21 cars show and raised $750. We gave Katie the option of keeping the money for herself to help pay for bills, medicine, etc. She declined and asked us to donate it to The Society. This past year we lost Katie, she passed away July 3rd. To honor her, we decided to make this years cruise even better. We rallied together 4-5 car forums and family friends. We had 67 cars show up and raised $1850

This next cruise we would like to send the invite to the motorcycle community, lots of us ride as well, and this next year some of us plan to ride instead of driving our cars. The cruise is geared towards muscle/sports cars. Camaro's, Trans Am's, Corvette's, GTO's, Mustangs. etc

To raise money we sell tshirts and raffle tickets for some pretty awesome prizes. Most of the prizes last year were valued at more then $100 each. This year we plan to broden our raffle prizes and clothing available.

If your interested in joining, please post up. Ask any questions you like. and for more info and pics on past events please visit www.myspace.com/fallcruise
1sicv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
1sicv8

Motorcycle:
  05 Yamaha yzf600r

Re: Gauging interest...

anyone?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
myhrdly
Shiftless!!!

Name: Kim

Motorcycle:
  Yamaha Majesty 400,

Send a message via Yahoo to myhrdly

I can't get your myspace page to open!!!

Would like to read more about this!!!!

Thanks,
Kim
myhrdly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
FishWitch
~*~Crazy Lady~*~

Name: Sydney

FOLSOM!!! Not the Prison! 175K & counting!

Motorcycle:
  '05 Victory Kingpin

Send a message via AIM to FishWitch Send a message via MSN to FishWitch Send a message via Yahoo to FishWitch

WOW. What a fantastic way to honor your lost loved one and help others at the same time.. I'm sure if a route other than the freeway was presented you would get some interest for sure. Just a thought, You may have some luck with riding groups such as Star Touring and others along those lines. I'd be happy to put the word out among my friends.

I have a terrible time logging into MySpace so didn't get to look at your actual page for this. Your linky seems to not be working although that may be my puter.

Member of The Victory True American Road Trip Team
FishWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:38 PM   #5
SklyWag
40 years on 2 wheels

Name: Bill

Motorcycle:
  Harley Davidson 2003 Sportster 1200 Custom, 2006 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic

Send a message via AIM to SklyWag Send a message via Yahoo to SklyWag

Come on folks, it's easy just use the link spelled correctly

http://www.myspace.com/fallcruise
Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
PatDPT
Dr. D

Name: Pat D

Motorcycle:
  2002 Triumph TT600

Wow, I usually need to come up with excuses to drive the bike to Tahoe!

I would be honored to help support this cause and enjoy a good ride with good friends.

Let us know the details and you will see me there.

I checked the myspace page and I noticed Oct. 2007. ??? When will the next ride be?

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #7
1sicv8

Motorcycle:
  05 Yamaha yzf600r

sorry about the link!DOH! its fixed now.

good to see some interest. last year the route was sunrise blvd > hwy 16 > hwy89 > hwy 88 > hwy 50 (for like 2 miles)

we stayed away from the heavy traffic and the roads were great. my only concern is how big the event has gotten. with this last year reaching 67 cars. im concerned about adding bikes into the mix. the way i was thinkin about doin it is having a route for cars. and another for bikes. or we can all just go together.

any ideas let me know!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #8
FishWitch
~*~Crazy Lady~*~

Motorcycle:
  '05 Victory Kingpin

Send a message via AIM to FishWitch Send a message via MSN to FishWitch Send a message via Yahoo to FishWitch

FYI I just was up in Truckee today. There IS ice on the roads especially in the shadows. Weather was gorgeous tho.

I was thinking it was going to be NEXT fall for the F.A.L.L. ride. Maybe next time when the roads are a bit more conducive to bikes. Drive safe.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #9
1sicv8

Motorcycle:
  05 Yamaha yzf600r

Its held in October each year, we just had this years and weather and roads were great. Sorry for any miscommunication.

We are already starting to plan this next years cruise. So part of that is asking around to see if we need to accomedate motorcycles on the route, stops, etc
Old 12-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #10
FishWitch
~*~Crazy Lady~*~

Motorcycle:
  '05 Victory Kingpin

Chris!! We're riders not time keepers LOLOL Are we confused??????? A ride up to Tahoe in October would be beatiful and more than likely to have good weather and fall colors to boot. Personally I think it would be great.