Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

CA Moto Roads Get your Pashnit PASHNIT
Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > Adventure Touring & Off-pavement explorations > Generally Speaking: Adventure, Dual & Dirt

Notices

Old 08-01-2008, 07:08 AM   #1
NorCalTA

Name: Dave

Motorcycle:
  1990 Honda Transalp

Sierra Adventure Ride 8/2 - 8/3

Anyone interested in doing a very short-notice Sierra Dual Sport Lake Loop ride this weekend? Saturday is my B-day and I can't think of a better way to celebrate.

The ride would start Saturday morning with a meet for a quick breakfast around 7am somewhere in Grass Valley then riding up Hwy 20 to Bowman Lake Rd and in to Bowman Lake and some of the many other beautiful lakes in the area. Camp for Saturday night would most likely be at White Rock Lake - pack your fishing pole if you want as White Rock has good trout fishing along with many of the other lakes in the area. Sunday would be re-tracing the route more or less back out to Hwy 20.

Bowman Lake Rd is mostly unpaved with many offshoot roads leading out into Tahoe N.F. and loads of great riding and scenery. The roads in the area are generally in good condition with some washboard and rocky sections so this ride would be suitable to just about any Dual Sport or Adventure bike or level of rider experience.

I'll be riding from Sonoma County and plan on starting out around 4am Saturday morning. Anyone interested or who has a good suggestion for a place to meet & eat Sat am in Grass Valley please reply back to this thread or feel free to give me a call on my AT&T cell at 7 O 7, seven 99, five 8 three 4.
NorCalTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
NorCalTA

Name: Dave

Motorcycle:
  1990 Honda Transalp

Re: Sierra Adventure Ride 8/2 - 8/3

Link to a map of the general ride area - http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/tahoe/docume.../grousemap.pdf
NorCalTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
wa.tarider
transalper

Name: Norm

Motorcycle:
  Honda Transalp,XR250

Re: Sierra Adventure Ride 8/2 - 8/3

Sounds like lots o' fun but I'm doing the Cascades this weekend. Had a good time in Eastern Washington last weekend.
Transalps are hard to beat for what I do.
HAVE FUN,
Norm
wa.tarider is offline   Reply With Quote