Notices

Motoroads

Old 01-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
ronaz

Name: Ron

Motorcycle:
  2008 Suzuki Boulevar

New Guy from Arizona

Greetings from Mesa Arizona and the home state of the 2008 NFC West Champions the Arizona Cardinals. Really! the CARDINALS in the superbowl!!!

I digress. I have been lurking for a while and decided to sign up to learn and get more information. I bought my nephews C50 Boulevard 5 months after he bought it as he was getting married and his wife has a darling little boy and needed to get out of the loan. Priorites. I really wasn't in the market for a cruiser bike and since I have ridden it around I like it!!I plan on taking the MSF course soon to learn as much as possible.

I also have a Suzuki DR 200 Dualsport and a Yamaha TTR 125 I converted to Dualsport for my wife to learn to ride.

I hope to learn a lot from this forum and the others I belong to.
ronaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
FishWitch
~*~Crazy Lady~*~

Name: Sydney

FOLSOM!!! Not the Prison! 175K & counting!

Motorcycle:
  '05 Victory Kingpin

Send a message via AIM to FishWitch Send a message via MSN to FishWitch Send a message via Yahoo to FishWitch
Re: New Guy from Arizona

Ron, Welcome aboard! Get in that MSF class ASAP. Gear up and enjoy. Congrats on the new bike. Ride safe & POST PICS. For some unknown reason we like that sort of stuff.

Bunch of the Vic riders from Arizona Victory went to the game today! Haven't seen any posts from them so they are still partying after the big win.

Member of The Victory True American Road Trip Team
FishWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:11 AM   #3
GTTrom
Biker to the core

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle:
  2008 Kawasaki ZX-14

Welcome aboard!
I starting to get the dual sport itch...

Gordon
GTTrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:03 AM   #4
Skibold

Name: Ken

Motorcycle:
  Suzuki C109T

Ron welcome aboard. I am in Mesa a few time a year. I have all of my health care done in Gilbert at A.C.S. they are pesonal friends to me. I almost always ride my bike when I come. I also do some water skiing with other friends over there. Perhaps one of these times we can hook up and take a little ride.
Skibold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:21 AM   #5
stephenwc
Just a member

Name: Stephen

Motorcycle:
  BMW R1200RT SE

Welcome Ron

Boy have you got some fun ahead of you...

Hope we can help a little along the way.

Stephen
stephenwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
Turkus
Booie Tuchus

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle:
  1993 BMW K75S

Send a message via Skype™ to Turkus

Welcome to The Fun Zone Ron.......

You will find this site a welcome respite from the sea of insanity called "life" - it is a plethora of info when you take the time to dig through the threads

I'm back in the game after a 20+ year hiatus and am enjoying every minute of it........wondering why I waited so long

p.s. - I took the long way home from Vegas to L.A. yesterday and took old Route 66 from Arrowhead Junction to Daggett. The thought of a dual sport crossed my mind a time or two while looking out over the desert - so many roads, so little time.........

Adventure is just poor planning - Roald Amundsen

GMR1 2009

Ride Safe and with a purpose
www.streetmasters.info

Follow Streetmasters on Facebook
Turkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
ronaz

Name: Ron

Motorcycle:
  2008 Suzuki Boulevar

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone. Pictures, sure I can do pictures. let me get some together.

Since me and my wife are both municipal employees we enjoyed the day off today for MLK day and just had to go to the sports store to get Cardinals championship T-shirts and we just had to take the C50 this morning. The wife also wanted to get a wind chime so that was a detour there. On our way home wouldn't ya know it, we needed gas. So off to Costco for go juice. After we got gas the wife told me to go to Walmart for a few food Items. We finally got home a couple hours later.

We were at an intersection with a traffic light leading into the Walmart and I told my wife to watch how may cagers will turn in front of us. I even had the headlight on bright. I was going straight into the Walmart and ALL of the cars turning left turned in front of us. After we parked, My wife is a traffic engineer for the City, told me that the drivers don't expect anyone to go straight at that light since it isn't a light from two major streets. I told her that didn't make me feel too good. Just need to be careful A LOT.

Once again, thanks for the kind welcome.
ronaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:19 AM   #8
R5_350
Georgia boy

Name: Scott

Motorcycle:
  DL 650 Wee-Strom

Hey Ron,
You'll find this site to be one of the friendliest, most welcoming forums on the web, IMHO. Take it easy on the bike, wear your safety gear(even if it's a short ride around the neighborhood), enroll in the MSF class and above all have FUN! Looking forward to photos and write ups on your progress and favorite rides!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #9
Flamingo1

Name: Flamingo1

Motorcycle:
  Honda Shadow 1100 ACE

Ron,

Welcome! I am also an Arizona rider. I don't leave a lot of messages on the boards, but I love reading them, viewing the rider pictures and dreaming about being out there on the road.

There is a California forum (with loads of California discussion) and a Nevada forum. I have ridden the PCH/1/101 from Santa Monica to Lincoln City, Oregon (and then on to Portland) with a return trip through central California and through Yosemite. I fully appreciate the beauty of riding in California.

However (and unfortunately), there isn't a whole lot on here about Arizona and Arizona rides and that is a dirty shame. I guess there is no one to blame but ourselves for the lack of Arizona ride reports and photos. We need to change that and I hope to see you and your wife start to post on here - and I will do my best to start loading some photos and trip reports as well. AZ is an awesome place to ride.

Ride safe,

Flamingo1
Old 01-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
Catenaccio
seasoned but not salted

Name: Randal

Motorcycle:
  CBRXX

Welcome from the land northward.
Catenaccio is offline   Reply With Quote