Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

CA Moto Roads Get your Pashnit PASHNIT
Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > Adventure Touring & Off-pavement explorations > Adventure Trips w/ Pics, pics, pics

Notices

Tours

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #31
kluts
The Lost Tourguide
 
kluts's Avatar
 
Name: Jim

Location:
  Sector S

Motorcycle:
  thingy with 2 jugs

Join Date: Dec 2004

Posts: 4,217
Re: Soft Road Ascent to Tehachapi- Comanche Point Road

Great shot, Cabon! Welcome to the forum
__________________
"Not all those who wander are lost."
--J.R.R. Tolkien
kluts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #32
mundobravo
Kinda new round here
 
Name: ed

Location:
  new mexico

Motorcycle:
  r1100 rt bmw

Join Date: Apr 2009

Posts: 4
Re: Soft Road Ascent to Tehachapi- Comanche Point Road

great ride , love the spitit of heading off by yourself to learn/teach yourself ... thats how it is done !
mundobravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #33
Anthony
Senior Member
 
Anthony's Avatar
 
Name: Anthony

Location:
  Onmybike, California

Motorcycle:
  Kawasaki ZX-14R

Join Date: Jan 2005

Posts: 730
Re: Soft Road Ascent to Tehachapi- Comanche Point Road



Awesome report, wish I had read this before i set out on the road...Talk about reading a post a tad bit to late

I enjoyed this road over the weekend, I was on a Kawasaki Concourse and Suzi was on her Suzuki GSX-750F

No worries, we both have Dirt Bike Modes on the bikes

Great write up you
__________________
"I Just Love Motorcycling"

www.2wheel4fun.com

Retired
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:06 AM   #34
tomatocity
Retired and lovin' it
 
tomatocity's Avatar
 
Name: Tim

Location:
  Sacramento

Motorcycle:
  Yamaha Super Tenere

Join Date: Aug 2006

Posts: 18
Re: Soft Road Ascent to Tehachapi- Comanche Point Road

Been a few months since the last post and a few years since the first post. Hope to get a couple answers and any information.

Had my eye on Comanche Point Road for four to five months but I could see a gate on the east side. You have answered the gate and surface issues.

Will be riding east to west so will be riding downhill most of the way. Will be riding alone a Tenere with luggage on Anakee 3's. I don't have a lot of time off road but want to do more. I have ridden Quatal Canyon Road and will have ridden Mormon Well Road (north of Vegas) up and down by the time I get to here. Can't count all the times I rode Soda Lake Road since it is 19 miles of gravel freeway. Did I mention I do not like soft deep sand of silt and the Tenere agrees.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Tim
__________________
Tim
'05 KLR 685
'12 Super Tenere

avatar: Harry "Captain Sacto" Martin
tomatocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:38 AM   #35
portabill
Junior Member
 
portabill's Avatar
 
Name: Bill

Location:
  Bakersfield, CA

Motorcycle:
  WeeStrom

Join Date: Oct 2011

Posts: 29
Re: Soft Road Ascent to Tehachapi- Comanche Point Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatocity View Post
Been a few months since the last post and a few years since the first post. Hope to get a couple answers and any information.

Had my eye on Comanche Point Road for four to five months but I could see a gate on the east side. You have answered the gate and surface issues.

Will be riding east to west so will be riding downhill most of the way. Will be riding alone a Tenere with luggage on Anakee 3's. I don't have a lot of time off road but want to do more. I have ridden Quatal Canyon Road and will have ridden Mormon Well Road (north of Vegas) up and down by the time I get to here. Can't count all the times I rode Soda Lake Road since it is 19 miles of gravel freeway. Did I mention I do not like soft deep sand of silt and the Tenere agrees.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Tim
Hi Tim! I have to qualify these comments, I haven't been on Comanche Point Rd for 18 months. If you have been on Quatal Canyon Rd, you shouldn't have any problems. Seems like there was some gravel at the top near the homes, and a couple places with some marbles on the lower section. I just basically remember a dirt road. I can't answer about any gates. Since your that close, you should swing over and hit Caliente/Bodfish Rd
portabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #36
tomatocity
Retired and lovin' it
 
tomatocity's Avatar
 
Name: Tim

Location:
  Sacramento

Motorcycle:
  Yamaha Super Tenere

Join Date: Aug 2006

Posts: 18
Re: Soft Road Ascent to Tehachapi- Comanche Point Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by portabill View Post
Hi Tim! I have to qualify these comments, I haven't been on Comanche Point Rd for 18 months. If you have been on Quatal Canyon Rd, you shouldn't have any problems. Seems like there was some gravel at the top near the homes, and a couple places with some marbles on the lower section. I just basically remember a dirt road. I can't answer about any gates. Since your that close, you should swing over and hit Caliente/Bodfish Rd
Thanks for the info Bill. I will be riding from Kernville to Ventura and Caliente Bodfish and Caliente Creek (favorite) are on the route. Hoping to see a train in the Tehachapi tunnels. Just realized there are two tunnels. I was there a couple months ago and they were doing major maintenance on the tracks.

http://goo.gl/maps/AxJD8
http://goo.gl/maps/wTSVr

Come on up and ride the Caliente's with me.
__________________
Tim
'05 KLR 685
'12 Super Tenere

avatar: Harry "Captain Sacto" Martin
tomatocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #37
portabill
Junior Member
 
portabill's Avatar
 
Name: Bill

Location:
  Bakersfield, CA

Motorcycle:
  WeeStrom

Join Date: Oct 2011

Posts: 29
Re: Soft Road Ascent to Tehachapi- Comanche Point Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatocity View Post
Thanks for the info Bill. I will be riding from Kernville to Ventura and Caliente Bodfish and Caliente Creek (favorite) are on the route. Hoping to see a train in the Tehachapi tunnels. Just realized there are two tunnels. I was there a couple months ago and they were doing major maintenance on the tracks.

http://goo.gl/maps/AxJD8
http://goo.gl/maps/wTSVr

Come on up and ride the Caliente's with me.
Give me your dates, I'll see what I can do.
portabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:18 PM   #38
tomatocity
Retired and lovin' it
 
tomatocity's Avatar
 
Name: Tim

Location:
  Sacramento

Motorcycle:
  Yamaha Super Tenere

Join Date: Aug 2006

Posts: 18
Re: Soft Road Ascent to Tehachapi- Comanche Point Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by portabill View Post
Give me your dates, I'll see what I can do.
Monday 4/7/2014, I am staying the night in Kernville.

Tuesday 4/8/2014, Will be riding Cort 214, Caliente's, Tehachapi Loop, Comanche Point Road,... If Comanche Point Road is wet... probably won't ride Comanche Point Road. Anakee 3's and a low front fender are not a good recipe for mud riding. Gotta slip on some knobs if for nothing more than confidence.

*** Who has ridden Bear Valley Road? http://goo.gl/maps/zvdIx When I did not know the gate (thought there was only one gate) were not locked I was looking for an alternate route.
__________________
Tim
'05 KLR 685
'12 Super Tenere

avatar: Harry "Captain Sacto" Martin
tomatocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:17 AM   #39
portabill
Junior Member
 
portabill's Avatar
 
Name: Bill

Location:
  Bakersfield, CA

Motorcycle:
  WeeStrom

Join Date: Oct 2011

Posts: 29
Re: Soft Road Ascent to Tehachapi- Comanche Point Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatocity View Post
Monday 4/7/2014, I am staying the night in Kernville.

Tuesday 4/8/2014, Will be riding Cort 214, Caliente's, Tehachapi Loop, Comanche Point Road,... If Comanche Point Road is wet... probably won't ride Comanche Point Road. Anakee 3's and a low front fender are not a good recipe for mud riding. Gotta slip on some knobs if for nothing more than confidence.

*** Who has ridden Bear Valley Road? http://goo.gl/maps/zvdIx When I did not know the gate (thought there was only one gate) were not locked I was looking for an alternate route.

Well, that "Work thing" is in the way, but have a great ride. There is a guard house 2-3 miles on Bear Valley Rd 2-3 miles after you turn off of Cummins Valley Rd. I was looking for a way to 58 and turned around when there wasn't a way to 58. I don't know if they let people drive through or not since it's a private community
portabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #40
pashnit
Yes, I'm the guy
 
pashnit's Avatar
 
Name: Tim

Location:
  NorCal

Motorcycle:
  Hayabusa

Join Date: Oct 2004

Posts: 14,820
Re: Soft Road Ascent to Tehachapi- Comanche Point Road

Bike looks awesome!
pashnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
02.14.09 - Highland Valley Road, Archie Moore Road, The Woodson Golf Club Nirvana California - Road Trips & Pics, pics, pics 13 03-21-2009 08:05 AM
Information on Jose Basin Road and Italian Bar Road (Road 225)? Brent ST Travel Advice & Ride Routing 5 10-25-2008 10:32 AM
Glacier Point Road Opens Friday Quixote Road Reports- Conditions, Construction 3 04-30-2008 11:18 AM
Skaggs Springs Road / Stewarts Point Dr. Rich California - Road Trips & Pics, pics, pics 3 02-07-2008 06:04 PM
Salmon Falls Road, Wentworth Springs Road, 193, 49, Gold Hill OrangevaleFJR California - Road Trips & Pics, pics, pics 12 03-08-2006 02:46 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Pashnit.com - All rights reserved
no new posts