Tours

Old 11-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
gmaan

Name: Jerome

Motorcycle:
  1976 Yamaha RD400, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ1100

Send a message via Yahoo to gmaan
Evening Ride, last Tuesday

I was making FXR swing arms, and the machine died! So I*decide to head home. As I was traveling up Hwy 29 to Napa, I realized what a nice nite it was. Full Moon, 60 ish degrees, and good tunes playing on the MP3 player. Go home? Not yet. As I got into Napa I drove up Combsville road, went up Wild Horse ranch*road that rises above the eastern hills and sports a great view of the city. I stopped and enjoyed the view for a little while, but needed more riding. I drove out along Hagen Road and ended up on Silverado Trail, north I went. Before I knew it I was in Calistoga!. What an awesome ride! The air was cool, no breeze at all. The fermenting new wines was filling the calm air with its smells of French Oak and strong Zins. Each winery I passed had its own distinct smell. A full moon, casting a night shadow on the landscape made it almost possible to ride with no lights on, very temping indeed. As I road along, I could feel the temperature change from the cooler valleys to warmer hills. The air swirling in my helmet would change from warm to cool in a few seconds time. I had Collective Soul playing on my MP3 player, and just enjoyed the ride................ *

Took me back to my early days, me and my best friend would get high and ride all night long "feeling the air", but that was a long time ago in a different time........
gmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
viffergyrl
Road Witch

Name: Kris

Motorcycle:
  '99 VFR; '01 Duc ST4

Re: Evening Ride, last Tuesday

Sounds like you needed that ride and it was the right thing at the right time - glad you went with it.

I saw that moon waxing on my ride Halloween weekend. I have a different story, but I remember that moon.

It was dusk as we came through LA and the eastern sky was going from pink to mauve to dusk blue as the moon was rising. Quite striking and wished I had my camera out.

It followed me home and lighted my way down the freeway. It all just falls away....

'99 Honda VFR 800
'01 Ducati ST4
viffergyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
gmaan

Name: Jerome

Motorcycle:
  1976 Yamaha RD400, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ1100

Send a message via Yahoo to gmaan
Re: Evening Ride, last Tuesday

Yes some nights are magic!
gmaan is offline   Reply With Quote