Notices

Tours

Old 04-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
jewfzr

Name: Jason

Motorcycle:
  89zx10/89fzr1000/98cbr900rr

Clapping2 Tim's 'Long Hauler' article appears in Cycle World Mag

Don't know if anyone has posted this or not. I was at my local Grocery store this afternoon scanning the latest motorcycle rags. I came across the Cycle World's 'SportBike 2006 Annual' issue.

Busas seamed to be the main cover story theme. Suddenly a bike appears that looks really familiar. Ahh Haaa!! Pashnit is now writing for Cycle World. Congrats Tim, have not read it yet but am about to do so. Really cool.
jewfzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:30 AM   #2
jewfzr

Motorcycle:

Re: Tim's 'Long Hauler' article appears in Cycle World Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewfzr
Don't know if anyone has posted this or not. I was at my local Grocery store this afternoon scanning the latest motorcycle rags. I came across the Cycle World's 'SportBike 2006 Annual' issue.

Busas seamed to be the main cover story theme. Suddenly a bike appears that looks really familiar. Ahh Haaa!! Pashnit is now writing for Cycle World. Congrats Tim, have not read it yet but am about to do so. Really cool.
Whomever altered the title, thanks
Old 05-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #3
pashnit
Yes, I'm the guy

Name: Tim

Motorcycle:
  Hayabusa

They magically get slightly altered around here.
pashnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
jewfzr

Motorcycle:

Thanks for the Magic Tim, and great write up. Congrats. Very cool.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:22 AM   #5
alundre
Kinda new round here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewfzr

good for you
alundre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:46 AM   #6
G8ESCAP
AKA Gixxerdale

Name: Dale

Motorcycle:
  4wd Dual Sport

Wow Tim. You've gone from the anonimous rider of a few years ago, to become widely known and published. Congrats, it's earned!

"Ride like you own the road, and one day the road will own you"
G8ESCAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #7
pashnit
Yes, I'm the guy

Motorcycle:
  Hayabusa

Thanks Dale. Indeed I have, athough I've had a lot of help. Namely all of you.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #8
planeoldguy

Name: Chris

Motorcycle:
  FJ 1314

I was watching the history channel earlier, history of bikes, i saw a familiar busa, or was it a copycat?
planeoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:00 AM   #9
pashnit
Yes, I'm the guy

Motorcycle:
  Hayabusa

Haven't made it onto TV just yet Chris. Although there's a reference to OLN (Outdoor Life Network) in my bio. They called and wanted to me to lead a 3-day TV shoot while back along Big Sur, but never came to fruition. I think they did shoot that, but I couldn't make the dates. One of the manufactures supplied the bikes, and I think it was Coleman that supplied all the camp gear, so big names.

Latest one is film crew from Australia is supposed to be shooting a TV program in Santa Cruz Mtns in July, and asked if I'd head that up. But we'll see, never know with those sorts of things.

The most interesting one was I get called by an Advertising Agency out of Los Angeles every once in awhile whenever they have some sort of motorcycle campaign they're working on. What they wanted to do was create a TV commercial of the bike progressing over say 20 years. (I think it was Honda.) So in the 30-60 second spot, at the beginning it's 1975, and the couple is riding the bike together, then they set out riding, and the bike morphs beneath then through the years but the couple stays the same. So it morphs into a 1980 model, then 1985, then 1990, to present day and so on. Cool idea. They were asking if I knew of fellow riders that could be in the commercial (uh, I have about 7000 on my forum ). Would have been fun for my wife and I to do the spot, but the logistics of that would be really difficult with kids/work/schedules etc.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:53 AM   #10
m0t0-ryder
->Live2Ryd2Live<-

Name: John

Motorcycle:
  '88 R100 GS + more

Send a message via AIM to m0t0-ryder

Oh man Tim....

That last one sounds cool.
You'd be the perfect "ageless/tireless" rep for a commercial like that!
I would imagine they'd also give you (and the Touring Co) a little plug as well.
Or, you could "negotiate" that into the agreement.

I'd say... have the producers provide the baby-sitter (if/when needed) and just use a little of that (never enough) vacation time to "just do it"!

Maybe they should also get you back into fatigues and show some military conflict moto usage too!

Congrats on yet another glossy publication appearance!

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashnit
Haven't made it onto TV just yet Chris. Although there's a reference to OLN (Outdoor Life Network) in my bio. They called and wanted to me to lead a 3-day TV shoot while back along Big Sur, but never came to fruition. I think they did shoot that, but I couldn't make the dates. One of the manufactures supplied the bikes, and I think it was Coleman that supplied all the camp gear, so big names.

Latest one is film crew from Australia is supposed to be shooting a TV program in Santa Cruz Mtns in July, and asked if I'd head that up. But we'll see, never know with those sorts of things.

The most interesting one was I get called by an Advertising Agency out of Los Angeles every once in awhile whenever they have some sort of motorcycle campaign they're working on. What they wanted to do was create a TV commercial of the bike progressing over say 20 years. (I think it was Honda.) So in the 30-60 second spot, at the beginning it's 1975, and the couple is riding the bike together, then they set out riding, and the bike morphs beneath then through the years but the couple stays the same. So it morphs into a 1980 model, then 1985, then 1990, to present day and so on. Cool idea. They were asking if I knew of fellow riders that could be in the commercial (uh, I have about 7000 on my forum ). Would have been fun for my wife and I to do the spot, but the logistics of that would be really difficult with kids/work/schedules etc.

Ride as if your life depended on it!
m0t0-ryder is offline   Reply With Quote