Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

CA Moto Roads Get your Pashnit PASHNIT
Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > The Pashnit Family > Pashnit Motorcycle Tours - pics, pics, pics

Notices

Motoroads

Old 11-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #81
speedracer800
Kinda new round here

Name: Chris

Motorcycle:
  Suzuki VX800 Suzuki 1200 Bandit

Re: The Grand Tour of Pashnit California- Ocean, Mountains & Giant Sequoias

Hi my is Chris,I live in Southern Oregon and I been riding a Suzuki VX800 for about 10 yrs but I just bought a Suzuki 1200 Bandit.There is 9 of us that ride together.6 of us just did 3600 miles in July.Sometimes we sneak into Calif. to ride Hwy 3...........Chris
speedracer800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #82
Ron G.
Kinda new round here

Name: Ron

Motorcycle:
  '04 Yamaha FZ6. Honda XR250

This looks it was an awesome trip. How do I go about getting started riding with a group?
Thanks for any help in getting started......Ron
Ron G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:37 PM   #83
pashnit
Yes, I'm the guy

Name: Tim

Motorcycle:
  Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron G.
This looks it was an awesome trip. How do I go about getting started riding with a group?
Thanks for any help in getting started......Ron
Ron - as in finding other riders to head out with? Easiest answer might be as you are in Benicia- the edge of the Bay Area, just post over in the Group Rides section that you'd like to hook up with someone and see what happens.
http://www.pashnit.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7

If you wanted to do an organized ride like this one was, includes a leader & a sweeper, all planning taken care of for you, and just show up on Friday morning ready to ride for 4 days- clicky here:
http://www.pashnittours.com/tour_4.html
We'll do this same ride on Labor Day Weekend 2007.

Also note that on Memorial Day weekend 2007, we do the opposite loop going north out of San Francisco.

Those photos are here btw of the 2006 4-Day NorCal Ride:
http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6545

pashnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:24 PM   #84
Law Dawg (ret)
Unashamed Christian Rider

Name: Mark

Motorcycle:
  Yes

Ron,

If you are ever going to be in or near Kern County, give a post or a PM and I'll show you some of the local secret roads. Just don't mess with my Pashnit sticker (page 2 post # 29).

You might also begin planning for the Spring Gathering at Sopiago. A whole bunch of riding maniacs that will be hitting the road and dirt at various times. Even a suggestion for a ride there will find many who will saddle up in a New York minute.

Meanwhile the best thing is to keep your eye peeled for any ride near you and post up. I have not been disappointed by any Pashnit group yet...very good group of people to ride with.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #85
R64JC

Name: Christopher

Motorcycle:
  2012 BMW S1000RR

thank you, thank you, thank you I am so over joyed with all of the info., pics, and friendships that Pashnit is.

On another note I would also wish to thank you for all of the info on rides and roads here in the central part of the state. Thank you for sharing these rides with all of us.
R64JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:15 AM   #86
Monterey_BS
OldDUC

Name: Bob

Motorcycle:
  '04 BMW R11S Boxercu

Re: The Grand Tour of Pashnit California- Ocean & Mountains

That unidentified succulent in #15, I believe, is an Aeonium Arboreum.

Many varieties, the strangest of which, called Schwarzkopf has dark purple leaves that look almost black.

Name:  Zwartkop.jpg
Views: 2208
Size:  31.4 KB
Monterey_BS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:40 AM   #87
Tripletap

Name: Neil

Motorcycle:
  Honda ST1300A

To everyone reading these threads - the enthusiasts, the inquisitive, the lurkers (I was one too ) - if you are wondering if the trip was worth it, it was entirely. The roads, the people, the overwhelming organization that appeared as if everything was spontaneous. The entire trip was great. My dad welcomed his 60th year in a fashion few other Wisconsinites have even dreamed of. This was the trip of a lifetime for him. The moments of adrenaline - coming down the ridgelines . The views of unexplainable grandure - Yosemite . Meeting up with new friends along the way - howdy Lawdawg . The trip mishaps that weren't mentioned in the thread - as in the rental Harley with the alarm that wouldn't turn off . Every moment was memorable. This trip was worth every penny and more. I can't wait to go on another Pashnit tour. I have since changed my bike to a more capable Hayabusa, but the tour moves at everyone's one pace. Tim runs a great program and no one is left behind.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:05 PM   #88
Law Dawg (ret)

Motorcycle:
  Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripletap
Meeting up with new friends along the way - howdy Lawdawg .
Howdy Neil. 'Bout time you started posting up (Moto cops, always slow to check in ). BTW really like your new steed (the Busa, not the RTP). You must come on down South (after Feburary I'll be hobbled for about six months though) so I can drool on her.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:29 PM   #89
Tripletap

Name: Neil

Motorcycle:
  Honda ST1300A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Dawg
Howdy Neil. 'Bout time you started posting up (Moto cops, always slow to check in )
...and Deputies are just plain slow .

It would be great to stop in and see you. Lots of area to play in down in your neck of the woods. Too bad about you bein' out of commission. We've got quite the two wheeled herd at TPD lookin' for day trips. Hopefully you'll be good by the end of summer and can join us. Imagine that...a sole county mountie amongst a clan of black-n-white premadonnas...it'll be awesome!
Old 12-31-2006, 02:47 PM   #90
Law Dawg (ret)

Motorcycle:
  Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripletap
Hopefully you'll be good by the end of summer and can join us. Imagine that...a sole county mountie amongst a clan of black-n-white premadonnas...it'll be awesome!
Since the average Deputy is at home being in the poo all alone...I'll try to be gentle with you city boys.

Might have a new knee (as in stainless steel) by Summer.