Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > General Forums > General

Notices

Old 01-29-2007, 11:59 AM   #261
aperkon
Sooty

Name: Andy

Motorcycle:
  2006 BMW 1200GS

Re: Introductions - Introduce yourself here...

Hey Brian
Givi makes good luggage, but there are oodles of manufacturers that make great gear. I have also used Joe Rocket soft luggage and that worked out good for my naked bikes.
The snow at Whistler is just fantastic now. Lots of it. I just got back from a 3 day trip and had a blast. March should give great spring skiing.
Andy
aperkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #262
Justin726

Name: Justin

Motorcycle:
  Hayabusa

Hello all.

My name is Justin. I'm located on the plains of Nebraska.....Far from anything remotely resembling a twisty road.

I've had 3 sportbikes and one cruiser before buying a myself a brand new 2003 Hayabusa a few years back. You won't find me hanging out at the local Sonic drive-thru on Saturday nights hardly at all. I'm usually out riding all day on the weekends. I'd rather be out riding and puting on miles instead of hanging around and sitting with my bike in a parking lot. I've been making plans to complete my first Iron Butt qualifying ride this June. I can't wait for that.

I've lost track now how many motorcycle forums I'm a part of. Most of the time I can be found on probably the largest sportbike message board on the net. I'm a super moderator there, so that takes up quite a bit of free time.

Glad to be a part of your community.

Gotta share a few pics, sorry.
Attached Images

Justin726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #263
Lardoggy
Kinda new round here

Name: Larry

Motorcycle:
  2007 Aprilia Tuono R

Send a message via AIM to Lardoggy Send a message via MSN to Lardoggy

Hey everyone, new member here...Just signed up, came across the site at an Aprilia forum I belong to. Recently bought a 2007 Aprila Tuono and am looking forward to doing some long weekend trips once the weather turns a bit more reliably warm (us So Cal folks are very thin skinned )

Anyway, gotta start looking at some kind of rear luggage . Like Strangeattractor, I'm a bit worried about long rides with little wind protection (riding under 80 being so hard to actually do ). Just wanted to drop by and introduce myself...looking forward to finding much good info here at the site.

My bella:

Lardoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #264
awakenedyankee
Kinda new round here

Name: Richard

Motorcycle:
  Honda ST1300

Hi, Mark
Rich here. Just joined and am looking forward to learning about CA rides.

[Truth is not determined by the number of people who believe it]
awakenedyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:50 PM   #265
fdubinger
Kinda new round here

Well, after about six or seven months I guess it really is about time to post...I live in central Indiana and work in IT as a systems analyst at a manufacturing company. I've been riding for 14 years and have progressed through a number of bikes, the most recent of which is my '06 Hayabusa. As Pashnit himself will I'm sure agree, it makes a very fine sport tourer. (Thanks for helping blaze the Hayabusa setup trail, Pashnit!) My wife enjoys riding as a passenger on the 'busa, and my 7-year-old daughter is already asking when we can get her helmet and protective gear! The bike is magical!

But enough about me--I'm glad to be a part of the forum, and I really appreciate all the great info the members so generously share. Thanks!

Fred
'06 Hayabusa (My bike has been immortalized at RKA's luggage site!)
'77 GL1000 Project

Name:  busa.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  146.6 KB
fdubinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:32 PM   #266
hogkrazy

Name: hog

Motorcycle:
  duc's&hog's

Greeting from the culture capitol of the central valley ,home of wet beer farts and clueless suv driving soccer moms... Tracy,ca. I'm Hog, also known as Duc-Davidson on some sites. I currently have a 2000 flht known as GEEZER GLIDE and a 2000 ducati monster 900. The glide is for the better half when we go 2 up or i just want to chill and the monster for some single fun on the twisties
hogkrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #267
stevets
Dirt Rider

Name: Steve

Motorcycle:
  KTM

Greetings from Fremont, Ca - been reading the good info on this site for awhile and finally signed up.

Been into motorcycles for many years, mostly Dirt Bikes and off road racing, but now that I am getting older and slower, decided to get a Dual Sport Bike and try that - so now I have a 640 KTM to go with my 450EXC! it is a fun bike and so far I have enjoyed riding around on it.

Seve C
stevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #268
BC-Bruce

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle:
  Suzuki VStrom - K6 - DL1k - Red

Geeze, not another one....

Hi, all...

I'm a new (old) rider just reawakening the passion for motorcycles I had 20 years ago...

After much research (and a couple of refresher riding lessons), I picked up a 2006 VStrom last November, the first day it snowed here. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper about that timing!

Since then, I have been taking the odd ride whenever the weather has allowed it, each one longer than the last. (I like that trend!)

Here's a shot of my new bike I took last Saturday on a 244 km round trip to have lunch...

Pashinit has impressed me with the amazing photographs and inspired rides... If I'm not careful around here, I might even learn something!

See you on the road!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:04 AM   #269
Nacho
Spain is different

Name: Nacho

Motorcycle:
  Two Ventures

Hi there, gang.

I just signed in a few days ago and thought I should introduce myself here.

There are tons of threads here and I won't be able to follow them everyday (English is not my nature language), but I got really impressed with the cuality of the rides and pictures I found here. I'll try to stop by from time to time and sy hello.

My name is Nacho, I'm from Spain and I'm 34 years old. I own two Yamaha Ventures, one from each generation and I am very involved with the Venture world (member of the Venturers, forum administrator of the European Venture Club and president of the Spanish Venture Club).

Here are a couple of pictures of my girls:

I wish I could be much closer to your beautiful country and share some rides. California seems to be a great land to ride. Been in San Francisco a couple of times in bussines trips and loved it, but didn't get the chance to see the rest of the state.

Anyway. Thanks for building places like this great forum so we can dream awake.

Any time you need something from Spain, drop me a message.

Hasta la vista,

Nacho.
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #270
Mike Moritz
Kinda new round here

Name: Mike

Motorcycle:
  Yamaha FJR1300

Hibernating in WI

Greetings from WI. It is a cold day here in the midwest and I thought I would take the opportunity to introduce myself. I am an avid motorcyclist with other hobbies that include photography. One day in mid 2005, while doing a Google search for "motorcycle photography", I was pointed to pashnit.com. I fell in love with the site immediately! I think Tim recieved more of my attention that day than my employer did.

The pictures and descriptions of the rides are hypnotic and addictive. I love to do virtual rides through CA on the Pashnit site from time to time on my lunch hour. I often send links of some of Tim's pictures to my fellow riders to get them psyched up about spring and riding.

While we do not have as many vistas and mountians as CA does, there are some nice twisties carved out by glaciers, rivers, and streams. We try to enjoy what we have.

I have ridden several bikes throught the years and all have given me great enjoyment.
1975 Honda CB200T
1976 Honda CB360T
1980 Honda CB750F
1984 Honda V65 Sabre
2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Attached Images

Mike Moritz is offline   Reply With Quote